So you’ve created your profile page, shared the link with your network, planned a number of amazing outfits in advance and penciled a volunteer event into your calendar. You got this June Dresses® thing covered! But wait, are you ready to start sharing your photos? For some participants, sharing daily photos through social media can be the hardest part of June Dresses.
Here are some tips to help you get through 30 days of sharing photos:
- Hashtag, you’re it! Remember to include #JUNEDRESSES when uploading your photos. Why? Hashtags (#) are a way for the internet to organize common information. Whether you’re using Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, including #JUNEDRESSES, will ensure your photos and posts are shared with the June Dresses community, which makes it easy to connect with other participants and get involved with community initiatives.
- Ask someone to take your photo. Chances are you see at least ONE other person in your day. Be sure to recruit that person as your personal photographer for the day and have he or she capture a photo of your wonderful outfit. Selfies serve a purpose and are great for close-up shots of your face or shoulders and head. But it is hard to capture good full-body pictures of yourself and asking someone to take your photo creates an opportunity to talk about June Dresses and charities that help empower women.
- Yes, cell phone photos are fine. June Dresses is rooted in practicality and we like to keep it easy by using whatever camera is most convenient, including your cell phone.
- There’s an app for that! No, we don’t yet have a June Dresses mobile app (maybe next year) but if you have a smartphone, you should be able to download the app for your favorite social media site, which makes sharing your daily photos really easy. Facebook and Instagram apps even have a variety of built-in styles that you can easily apply to your photos before uploading to the June Dresses pages. Which brings us to the next tip…
- Retakes are your friend. Ever get home and look at your photos only to realize that perfect shot is blurry or poorly lit? If you can, take at least 2-3 photos of each shot. This will increase the odds that your photo turns out the way you want it to.
- Edit your photo. There are plenty of fun photo editing apps that make photos look interesting! Using a different photo style is also a great way to remix the same dress.
- Try to take your pictures outside in natural light and find fun locations as a backdrop for your daily photos. An interesting backdrop can add an intriguing element to your photo. For example: maybe a wall you walk past every day suddenly compliments your outfit, or perhaps you stroll through your neighborhood and explore the houses and gardens, or the storefront of a shop might catch your eye. Something is around every corner.
- Get the feet! Don’t forget to include your feet in your daily photo. Shoes are often a big part of an outfit’s vibe, even if you’re enjoying the freedom of going barefoot.
- Add a description. Tell the story of what you’re wearing that day. Maybe part of your outfit was a special gift or perhaps your photo was taken at an exciting location or event. And make sure to include hashtag #JUNEDRESSES
- Please make sure your photos are tasteful and respectful (NO NUDITY or LINGERIE). June Dresses is G-rated family fun, folks.
Leave a Reply